Children's Court

Applications to vary or rescind care orders


An application to vary or rescind an existing care order can only be made with the leave of the Children's Court.  Leave can only be granted if it appears that there has been a significant change in circumstances since the order was made or last varied.

If leave is granted, the court may then vary or rescind and/or replace the existing orders.

An application to vary or rescind a care order can be made by FaCS, the child or young person, a person who has, or who previously had, parental responsibility for the child or young person or any person who has sufficient interest in the welfare of the child or young person.